June 13, 2001

Day 76 - Gaithersburg, Maryland

Got up at 8:30. We were treated to a breakfast of bagels and cream cheese, fresh fruit, coffee cake, and coffee. Decided to take a ride to the local outfitter. I got a new tank top to replace my nasty maroon and white one.

Smittee and Stray Cat
 

Back to the house for a fabulous lunch -- sandwiches, salad, hummus, tabouli, tortillas, etc. People who still needed things decided to go to yet another outfitter. I was the only one to stay back at the house. Thought about going for a walk, but the heat convinced me otherwise. Then I took a shower, just because I could.

Had dinner, called home. Kathy emptied her cabinets of hiker-appropriate food, and we loaded up -- eliminating the need for a stop at the supermarket. More trail talk.

Oh, I asked Julia, whose favorite food is mac and cheese, what her trail name would be. She said “the Storyteller” or “Wise Eye.” Very smart and creative girl! Didn’t hit the sack til nearly 1. Big, soft pillows!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!