September 4, 2001

Day 158 - Monson, Maine

Got up around 7:30. A thru-hiker named Dusty gave us (and Kayak Guy, who's flip-flopping back to Hanover) a ride to the supermarket. Resupplying for seven days. Our heaviest food bags ever.

Smittee and Mary Poppins outside the Pie Lady's cabin

No tortillas, so I guess I'm having oatmeal for breakfast and lunch; Liptons for dinner. I'm cutting it a little close, I think, but am looking forward to the challenge of rationing my food and seeing how well I planned.

Bunch of people rolled into town -- Smittee, Happy, Leslie, Mary Poppins, Bad Moon, Smiles and Fiddlehead, Jbez, Jeremiah Johnson…Great to see Smittee. He said he was going to head back out, to finish with Satan on Saturday. But the power of town was great, and he ended up staying.
I know that Dave is really happy to see so many hikers. Now we won't have to wait at the end! Everyone is planning to leave tomorrow. It's going to be like a hiker parade through the woods. Tent sites will be scarce, I'm sure.

Eight more hiking days. I can do it. Took a nap in the afternoon, though I didn't think I was that tired. Went to the library and ordered those mounting squares so I can finish the wedding photo album when we get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!